April 28, 2011

he is...

I dream of him, with my eyes open and closed.       
He’s of the darkness, and walks with in the shadows.
There’s wildness about him, radiating with the energy of it.
A lone wolf; unbroken and fierce, yet alone and misunderstood
His eyes are cold and masked; a mischievousness that promises both pleasure and pain
He towers above others; moves with cunning poise
He is fallen; Beautiful in his mistake
Like all creatures his will is free;
His choice defines him; nobility of the knight
Set at great round slab, crusading brethren
Bloodlust warrior, tortured soul
He is the cold shot of fear, and the warmth embrace of safety
Ageless wisdom and willful youth
Damned by his linage, minority for his conscious
He is not lost
It is him
He is mine, my home…

…In the make believe lands of youth, and the desolate depths of bad decisions
As a lost prince and a hope within
I’ve carried him with me; I’ve seen him within all paths
No matter the light his face is always hidden
A blur to the sight, but I feel his pull
I call to him; ache with the need of him
Take me away; show me that there’s something more
Can he hear me, does he feel me?
Is he even real…?
I look to the stars, infinite possibility
But I dare not hope; I am earth, he is air

No comments: