March 8, 2012

APRIL IS AUTISM AWARENESS MONTH!!



We ALL have our battles that we face on a daily basis, mine...personally? My son was diagnosed with ADHD at the age of 6, and I was one of "THOSE MAMAS" that fought the doctor tooth and nail... Now at 12, I get it. He is different. There ...are things that he will always battle, that will always be so much more difficult for him than other children; on top of which this past year he was diagnosed with turrets as well. I both curse and praise the beings that did it to him, because yes, it is so much harder but it also forces him to be that much stronger of a person.

April is AUTISM AWARENES MONTH! I started making these bracelets because of a very special little boy, my second cousin Hunter is the son of a VERY SPECIAL man, whom was and IS a very bright and strong presence in (especially my childhood, as well as in…) MY LIFE.

I believe that we are given people just as we are given troubles, all to guide, help, and make us stronger.

This is just a small appreciation shout out to two people whom I know have to have their hands so much more fuller than mine, you all amaze me (@DEWAYNE AND JULIE) ♥

**therefore in honor of THEM, as parents of an autistic child, I will be donating a portion of all AUTISM WISH BRACELET SALES from now until the first of April to Autism Speaks (in their and Hunter’s name)

SPECIAL NOTE: I am (right now) in the process of three VERY large BULK ORDERS for the Autism Awareness Wish bracelets. If you would like or are planning to have an order in, please place it as soon as possible to insure delivery by April first.

Thank you! ♥
 

3 comments:

Just-Emmmma said...

I think this is a fantastic idea ... my son has Aspergers and it's always nice to see people supporting autism!! Well done you!! <3

Just-Emmmma said...

I think this is a fantastic idea ... my son has Aspergers and it's always nice to see people supporting autism!! Well done you!! <3

Just-Emmmma said...

I think this is a fantastic idea ... my son has Aspergers and it's always nice to see people supporting autism!! Well done you!! <3